The Amsler Grid is a vision tool used by eye specialist to detect early signs of macular degeneration and other low vision problems.
To use the Amsler Grid, do the following:
- Position the grid at a comfortable reading distance, and cover one eye.
- Focus on the dot in the center of the grid.
- Ask yourself the following questions.
- Do you see blurred or wavy lines?
- Do you see any missing areas or holes?
- Do you see boxes that are different sizes or shapes?
- Repeat steps 1-3 using your other eye.
Please consult with your eye care specialist if you feel that additional testing is needed.