omniReader Software Downloads
This page describes how to download, install, and verify installation of omniReader software 2.4.151.
Before You Begin
- Review this procedure before attempting to update your unit
- You will need a USB flash drive to transfer the software file to the unit
- Make sure the USB flash drive has at least 2 GB of space available. The flash drive must be formatted as FAT32.
- Make sure the unit is powered on and plugged into a power outlet
Turn on the unit and verify the current software version.
To do this, from the Main menu, select Settings > Status, and then scroll to Version. To return to the Main menu, press the Menu button.
Changes in Release 2.4.151
This release introduces the following features. To learn more, see the omniReader User Guide.
- Address Book
- Photo Album
- Public Domain Books
- Braille display support
Downloading the Software File
Download the omniReader software file using the link at the end of this procedure, and copy it to a location on your computer where you can easily find it.
Important: It may take several minutes to download the file due to its size. Once it is downloaded, do not extract the file.
- Move the file to the root of a USB flash drive inserted in your computer.
- When the move is finished, safely eject the USB flash drive from your computer.
- From the Main menu on omniReader, select Settings > System Settings > Upgrade Software.
- Insert the USB flash drive when prompted into a USB connector on the unit. USB connectors are located on the lower left side of the unit.
The omniReader announces, "Updating Software," and then powers off and on.
During the update, the message "Installing system update," displays on the screen. When finished the unit powers off and on again and returns to the Main menu.
To verify the software version, from the Main menu, select Settings > Status, and then scroll to Version. To return to the Main menu, press the Menu button.
Ejecting the USB Flash Drive
To safely eject the USB flash drive, do the following:
- With omniReader powered on, press the green Power button on the lower left side of the unit to enter Sleep mode.
- Wait for all LEDs on the unit to turn off, approximately five seconds, and remove the USB flash drive from the unit.
- Press the Power button again to wake up omniReader.