The image above shows the JAWS Speech History window with the text of what JAWS spoke while pressing TAB to move from the Windows desktop to the Start Button, etc.
JAWS maintains a history of the last 500 strings of text that is sent to the speech synthesizer.
- Open JAWS Speech History by pressing INSERT+SPACEBAR to enter layered mode, and then press H for History. JAWS Speech History opens in the Virtual Viewer.
- Press CTRL+END to move to the bottom of the speech history window. That is where the most recent text that was spoken appears.
- Press the UP ARROW key to move backwards through the speech history.
- Try selecting some text in the Speech History and copy it to the clipboard.
- Paste the contents of the clipboard into a practice document.
- Press ESC to close the Speech History when you are finished.
Please allow [01:56] to watch the short instructional demonstration of using JAWS Speech History before continuing to the next topic.
When you are finished practicing, close the practice document you may have opened. You do not need to save the changes for the practice document. Then move on to the next lesson.