NOTE: The video in this lesson is the same as the one in lesson 1.2.6 Typing Tutors. If you are comfortable with this topic, feel free to skip ahead to the next lesson.
Typing Learning Tips:
- Work through the lessons together with your student or child rather than just giving them an assignment to complete on their own.
- Map out the lessons so the step-by-step process from learning basic typing skills to becoming proficient will be clear.
- Set goals and discuss how learning to type can lead to improvements when completing work at school and home.
- Describe the benefits of learning to type to your student or child. Explain how typing skills contribute to using a word processing application, creating school presentations, and completing assignments faster.
- Make It Fun. Find teachable moments by applying newly acquired typing skills to practical tasks. These can include: sending an e-mail to a family member or friend, writing a story, or searching for videos on YouTube.
Some accessible typing tutor apps include TypeAbility from YesAccessible, Typio from Accessibyte, Talking Typer from APH, and Talking Typing Teacher from MarvelSoft.
Please allow [05:26] to watch the following instructional demonstration on TypeAbility before continuing to the next topic.