Create a Folder Using the Ribbon in File Explorer
You can create a folder using the Ribbon in File Explorer. Navigate to where you want to create the folder. For this lesson, you will create a folder within a folder, a subfolder in Documents.
- Press the WINDOWS key to access the Windows Search edit box.
- Type "Documents," and then press DOWN ARROW to navigate to the Documents folder.
- Press ENTER to open Documents.
- Press ALT+H to move to the Home tab of the ribbon, and then press N to activate the New Folder button.
- By default, the folder is called “New folder.” Type over this text with a new name.
- Press ENTER to create the folder.
Please allow [01:17] to view a short instructional demonstration, "How to Create a Folder in File Explorer using the Ribbon."