BLINDNESS SOLUTIONS: Focus 40 Blue - 5th Generation
Refreshable Braille Display - 5th Generation!
The 5th Generation of the Focus 40 Blue Braille Display is more rugged and stronger than ever. We’ve built the housing from aluminum and steel, added bumpers to absorb shock, and physically isolated the Braille cells to create a Braille Display to meet the demands of the active user.
And, like previous Focus Blue models, the 5th Generation is lightweight and compact with a user-friendly keyboard and control layout. You can have up to five Bluetooth connections so that you can easily connect to iOS and Android™ devices such as smartphones, iPads®, and tablets. You can also use the Perkins-style keyboard for effortless Braille text input to control your computer. When you combine the Focus 40 Blue with JAWS®, you have the ultimate in speech and Braille access to your computer. The new Scratchpad feature lets you take notes and read books even when you aren't connected.
- 40 Braille cells
- 8-dot Braille keyboard
- Seamless Braille with a more crisp and uniform feel
- Convenient front panel controls and customizable NAV rockers
- Our exclusive NAV Rockers let you rapidly scroll by line, sentence, paragraph, or pan through a document
- Menu button, conveniently centered above the cursor router buttons, for quick access to calendar, clock, Bluetooth connections, and more
- Built-in Scratchpad with BRF Book Reader
- Micro SD Card up to 32 GB
- Select your personal Braille firmness with VariBraille
- USB-C micro connector - always right-side-up to reduce wear and tear
- Dimensions: 368 x 78 x 19 mm (14.5 x 3 x 0.75 in.)
- Weight: Approximately 565 grams (1.24 lbs.)
Compatibility and connectivity features
- Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity - switch between five Bluetooth devices and one USB connection
- Out-of-the box compatibility with Apple® iOS 11 or later and Android devices
- Use with JAWS for combined speech and Braille access
- Use with JAWS for Braille Study Mode to learn and teach Braille
- Works with JAWS BrailleIn™ for contracted Braille input and full control in Windows®