FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Freedom Scientific Announces ONYX® PRO
(Clearwater, FL - August 12, 2021)
Freedom Scientific announces its newest member of the ONYX® Family of products. The ONYX PRO is a camera system with OCR and is designed to be used with the Microsoft® Surface Pro 7 (Microsoft Surface Pro 7 not included). It features a dual camera design for flexibility, one camera allows you to easily go from near magnification to distance viewing. The other camera is dedicated to OCR (Optical Character Recognition) mode that scans printed text and reads it back to you in a clear and natural voice.To learn more, visit the ONYX PRO product page
- Two dedicated cameras - one for magnification and one for text to speech
- Magnification range of 1.5X to 32X
- Color contrast options
- Touch screen menu buttons
- Built-in LED Light
- Stand folds up for easy storage
- Integrated handle for easy transport
- Compact size minimizes space needed on table or desk
- Approximate weight 4.2lbs (excluding Microsoft Surface Pro 7)
- OCR mode scans and reads printed text back to you aloud
- Save scanned images and documents to your Surface Pro 7
- Record and save videos for viewing later
- Connect a headset for privacy while listening to documents
- Microsoft Surface Pro 7 not included
The ONYX PRO is designed and built using the Additive Manufacturing Process. This process allows us freedom of design and the ability to manufacture complex structures while minimizing waste and keeping the product lightweight and portable. We are also able to quickly adapt our designs as new tablet models are released. This faster time to market means we will have product easily available.
About Freedom Scientific
Freedom Scientific is a leading worldwide brand of assistive technology products for those with vision impairments. Freedom Scientific is part of Vispero™. Vispero has its headquarters in the USA and the Netherlands, and offices in Switzerland, Belgium, Canada, Germany and the United Kingdom. Through Vispero's multi-tier distribution, Freedom Scientific products are available in more than 70 countries worldwide.
Freedom Scientific® and its products are registered trademarks in the United States and/or other countries. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.