Focus Blue 5th Generation Firmware Downloads
Use this page to download the latest firmware for your Focus Blue 5th Generation refreshable braille display. For more information on using the Focus Blue, visit the Focus Blue Braille Display Training web page.
This update includes the following changes:
- Support for opening Spanish Braille (BRA) files in the Scratchpad when the Focus language is set to Spanish.
- General performance improvements when using the Scratchpad. These include:
- The low battery warning is now displayed
- Improved messages indicating when a file is not editable
- If the display is left unattended for an extended period of time, you no longer have to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable to resume braille output.
- This update also resolves an issue where upgrading from a previous firmware release would fail and cause the unit to be unresponsive.
IMPORTANT: This update is for the Focus Blue 5th generation braille displays. DO NOT install this firmware on older Focus 14 Blue, Focus 40 Blue, or Focus 80 Blue 4th Generation braille displays. The 5th generation Focus Blue braille displays have a Menu button between keys 1 and 4 on the Perkins-style keyboard. If your display has a Menu button, follow these instructions to upgrade the display.