FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Freedom Scientific Releases Version 2022 of JAWS, ZoomText, and Fusion
Support for Windows® 11, New Sound Splitter, Quick Access Bar, Multilingual Braille Improvements, and improved support for MS Teams and Office applications.(Clearwater, Florida - October 26, 2021)
In addition to Windows 11 support, significant new features include:
Significant new features include:
- Sound Splitting for JAWS and Fusion audio output; put JAWS in one ear, with Zoom or Team meetings in the other
- Auto-migration of user settings from prior version
- Outlook and Word responsiveness has been further improved
- Fusion and ZoomText performance improvements
- Quick Access Bar enhancements for Fusion and ZoomText users
- Braille Profiles enhancing the multilingual Braille experience
- Voice Assistant, Sharky and Zoomy are both working in Fusion, including both JAWS and ZoomText voice commands
The new 2022 releases build on our commitment to users working remotely with our new Sound Splitting feature. With the press of 3 keystrokes, JAWS output is sent to one side, and all other audio comes in from the opposite. Making it possible to listen into meetings or webinars, while still navigating and interacting with chat, or taking notes.
After installation, users will immediately benefit from the auto migration of their prior settings, including any braille device and setup they were using. For users who struggle transitioning to new versions, this will make that process much easier.
About Freedom Scientific
Freedom Scientific is a leading worldwide brand of assistive technology products for those with vision impairments. Freedom Scientific is part of Vispero™. Vispero has its headquarters in the USA and the Netherlands, and offices in Switzerland, Belgium, Canada, Germany and the United Kingdom. Through Vispero's multi-tier distribution, Freedom Scientific products are available in more than 70 countries worldwide.
Freedom Scientific® and its products are registered trademarks in the United States and/or other countries. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.